KUB – Knoxville, TN
Utilizes strong customer service skills to collaborate with internal work groups to enhance existing or to develop new process improvements, safety compliance programs, and an overall safety culture. Makes recommendations and implements methods or techniques to assist in attaining, maintaining, or exceeding compliance with safety regulations. Interview’s employees / contractors, writes reports, interprets information, and manages action items associated with incidents, near misses, or emergency operations. Develops and / or updates program manuals, procedures, process documentation, and training materials to instruct or for others to provide instruction. Communicates regulatory changes and requirements to all levels of the organization in written or presentation format. Collects data and submits reports when required. Leadership experience related to both work and extracurricular activities will be considered for this role. May require beyond normal business hours or standby support to aforementioned programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, engineering (i.e. environmental, etc.), public health, science discipline or a related field
- Strong PC skills including MS Office Professional
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently on projects in a timely manner and collaborative team skills
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license
Works primarily in an office setting, but field visits and field activities may be required. These field visits may include: emergency response activities and support beyond normal business hours, heavy lifting or strenuous work and mobility over rough terrain. Requires bending, stooping, lifting, and working in awkward and strenuous positions at times. Occasionally requires above normal mental and visual alertness. Physical demands for a specefic position within this classification may vary and / or exceed those demands described above.
- 3+ years of experience administering environmental, utility, and/or safety regulatory programs
- Professional certification in safety (Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Utility Safety Professional, Certified Safety Professional, etc.)
- Prior experience leading, supervising, or inspecting
- Leadership and team building abilities
- Strong business communication, interpersonal and influence skills
- Experience in utility operations (i.e. hazards and mitigations associated with natural gas, electric, fiber, water, and wastewater utilities)