Location Ripley, TN
Values-Driven. Work-Life Balance. Wrapped into Innovation and Excellence!
That’s us. That’s the Marvin team.
Consider a career with a company that has as its first Value, “Do the Right Thing.” At the Marvin companies, we strive to enrich the places and spaces where we live and work. An on-site medical Health and Wellness clinic is an example of these values in action.
Marvin Windows and Doors, the premier manufacturer of top quality made-to-order wood windows and doors has an excellent career opportunity in our Ripley, TN facility. This family-owned company demonstrated its commitment to its associates, communities, and customers, by having no layoffs through the great recession. Associates in the Ripley, TN facility are recognized for excellence with Safety, Quality, Performance, Environmental and Wellness excellence certifications.
This individual will lead the EHS effort, including continuing VPP/STAR Safety certification, Wellness excellence, and TN Green-Star participation.
- BS (Occupational Safety and Health ideal) Safety certification a plus.
- 3 -7 years demonstrated Environmental, Health, and Safety Leadership.
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- VPP experience ideal.
- Wellness experience preferred; Medical clinic / First Responder experience a plus.
- Competitive Salary, with relocation assistance.
- Excellent benefits package including extras such as an on-site medical clinic, staffed with a Dr. and Family Nurse Practitioner, gym/fitness center reimbursement, and other Wellness and fitness innovations. Profit sharing plan in addition to our 401(k) plan.
- Win. Grow. And think Differently in Marvin’s values-based environment!
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Posted: Dec 11, 2018
Location Hopkinsville, KY
The EHS Manager is responsible for developing a behavioral safety system to create a zero injury culture. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of redefining the safety culture within an organization.
- Accountable for compliance with all applicable regulations, plant and corporate EHS and related policies and procedures.
- Drive a strong EHS message through outstanding performance, investigation, follow-up and continuous improvement process and the initiation of countermeasures and action plans.
- Oversees all environmental regulatory procedures and meets all site measurement, tracking and reporting requirements.
- This position is very hands-on and highly participative with the plant associates.
- Primary responsibility for overseeing and compliance of ISO 14001-2015 recertification; maintains and improves Environmental Management System.
- Business School or commercial apprenticeship with further education in Economics or Purchasing
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health and Safety, Safety Science, Occupational Health, Industrial or Occupational Hygiene or other science or engineering disciplines preferred.
- Must have a CSP certification
- Minimum 5 years in manufacturing environment with familiarity with basic OSHA, EPA and Workers’ Compensation regulations.
- Must be able to work independently as this position has no subordinates.
- Strong organization skills required.
Resumes can be sent to Hopkinsville.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Site Safety Manager
Posted: Oct 11, 2018
Location Nashville, TN
The Comfort Group, a mechanical and plumbing contractor, is accepting applications for a site safety manager in downtown Nashville. The project is a 20 plus story construction project with an approximate duration of 12 months. The ideal candidate would possess an academic degree in safety and/or have relevant field experience in safety. ASP or CHST certifications are a plus. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; jobsite orientation, conducting safety meetings, assisting with preparation of JHA’s, working within a team to ensure safe work planning, daily documentation as assigned, job site safety audits, other duties as assigned. Must be able to work outdoors 70% of the time, navigate stairs/ladders, visually recognize safety concerns from a distance. Pay will vary based on qualifications/experience of candidate.
The Comfort Group